I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life. Dr.Seuss

Monday, January 28, 2013

Wings...

It is an old illustration (one of my first drawings made on computer - with mouse only!!!) but I thought it's suitable for this week IF  topic... wings


"Sunday afternoon"

This illustration is one of the  drawings  inspired by summertime. Laying in the grass on my belly, tired from the high temperature in the late afternoon, the smell of newly mowed grass..... 
I noticed something very dramatic happening in front of me: there was a little wounded fly. The poor creature  was hit by a grass-mower; unable to continue its lively flight. Luckily the injury was not severe and the little fly was able to reunite with his friends some minutes later.


9 comments:

  1. Good characters here. Very funny. Was this made on your stolen MAC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no no, iMac "grey egg" 600mHz -in that time - TOP MODEL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cool and very creative. The red flower dude on the right kinda reminds me of my uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. Love the roller skating guy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, there definitely is a lot going on down there. But luckily no broken wings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I can't claim to understand all of it (like that guy that looks like a foot and driving a wheeled contraption)! But I do like it. I especially like the striped fellow on the left, facing away from the others, possibly deep in thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walking in here is like walking into a summer mind. Thank you for the invitation, the warmth. The weirdness is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't find the mouse in that picture?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has got AIJ written all over it...way back when computers where just cornflake packets and pencils....or where they sticks?

    ReplyDelete