I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life. Dr.Seuss

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

On the edge of (im)possibility ?

It is said that dog owners have a striking resemblance to their pets. Nihil novi sub sole.
But now researchers have asserted that they even act like them. There are some indications that dog owners are inclined towards choosing animals that mirror their own personality.
Agreeable types are drawn to Labradors, dogs known for their friendliness, while hard-working and responsible sorts favour no-nonsense bulldogs. Hounds, like foxhounds and beagles, are known for their even temperament and tend to be found by the side of calm and consistent people.


In the Kingdom of Artichokes it is similar. I dare to say that people growing their garden flowers develop a certain resemblance with their floral friends too. Maybe you remember my older posts ( here and here





But what to say about the personality of the dog owner on this picture?  Look at the fox collar. Does it mean that this owner is also sneaky and very smart as a fox? Sly as a fox? According to some people the fox encourages us to think outside of the box and use our intelligence in different, creative ways. Furthermore, the fox is a sign to be mindful of our surroundings.
The fox also a reminder that we must utilize all of our resources (seen and unseen) in order to accomplish our goals. Sometimes this means calling upon some unorthodox methods.

The things get even more complicated. Look closely at her bag.  Crocodile. Yes, a Crocodile claw!
The word crocodile is from the Greek word, kroko deilos, which in some translations means, "pebble man," referring to the animals' scaly exterior. Some keywords to consider in relation to symbolic crocodile meaning are fear, magic, speed, instinct, indestructibility and bravery.
Furthermore, crocodile pupils widen at night, allowing them better vision and they can see very well underwater. It tells us that we too can see clearly through our most ambiguous dreams, and perplexing emotions. Also, the crocodiles are precision in motion.

After all what has been written one can conclude  this is very special person. And if the conclusions do not fully satisfy you, dear reader, the only thing what I can add is 

Deus ex machina



;)


(this week not really illustration pur sang, and for all purists among you my deep apology for that)


18 comments:

  1. haha. funny images. I wonder if I'm starting to act like my African Grey parrot? I could never sleep well while sitting on a wooden perch. But I do wrap his sleeping perch in felt for a more comfortable sleep. That's how I would want to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you do if your vocabulary is more than 950 words . (according to WIKI)
      (can your parrot speak? maybe he can read fairy tales to sleep ....)

      :)

      Delete
  2. I hope to resemble my fluffy akita. she is much friendlier than me...thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt now whether I see the picture of your dog or yours :)
      But anyway it is very very friendly!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Apologies accepted..these are funny!! I hope my nose isn't as long as Mungo's (M)Y dog).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for accepting these pictures , I worried whole night...
      and about your nose: I can not compare the length because I was never introduce to Mr. Mungo nose :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, you are a philosopher! :-D My pet is an ex-'Beijing street cat', hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha :) Yes, what was I going to say, I forgot... err when I see a dog with an ugly man I feel like running upto the dog and saying"excuise me, beware, did you know that dog's eventually look like their owners?" Now you have proved it without a shadow of a duck... err I mean 'doubt". Thankyou for your water! Yes we received it in short supply and just in the nicholas of time! My basil was starting to wilt but with the new H2o we are sure to have a good crop :) But seriously, thankyou for your kindness

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these days my only pets are dust bunnies.I'm sure that doesn't speak too well of me or my future appearance, but I guess that's how things go... and maybe it's still better than a goldfish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no doubt about it !! of course it's better than goldfish.....


      (I have two bunnies ,too)
      :)

      Delete
  7. Dogs are awesome...I have a Golden Retriever, but I wouldn't want anyone to say we are alike. :)

    Funny images!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these pictures. Dogs are so wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete